10 May 2003

Last night was another dinner and a movie outing, with at least a better ending gastrically. So far.

For dinner, we headed out to Red Sauce, part of a small chain of Italian restaurants from the folks who brought you the Naked Fish chain. It was a nice change from the Italian chains that aim for quantity, either in the entree (Vinny Testa, etc.) or the sides (Olive Garden). Which isn't to say the portions aren't ample, but they weren't ridiculous, either.

We had a terrific mushroom bruschetta to start, great grilled bread and plenty of garlic with the mushrooms. Sarah had the chicken and asparagus risotto, which I passed on because, for whatever reason, I read asparagus and thought artichoke. I don't mind artichoke, but I wasn't in the mood for them. Not that it mattered, as the beef braciole (thin slices of beef stuffed with sausage, cheese, and garlic and sauteed) was tremendous.

Then it was back to the West Newton theater to see Bend it Like Beckham, which I would highly recommend if you're looking for light comedy mixed with cultural commentary. There's part of me that's grumpy about this movie not getting wide screening while Hilary Duff and Amanda Bynes choke the multiplexes. The curse of the indie film, I suppose.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...