15 May 2003

The main reason why I didn't get to CBS's presentation until this morning is that I was out last night with yet another dinner and a movie, this time a work-centered affair. Dinner was at John Harvard's Brewhouse in Framingham, which has a very nice combo of food and beer, especially for the 'burbs.

The movie portion was one of the five pre-premiere screenings of The Matrix Reloaded that our theater showed last night. I liked the original, but am not part of the hyperventilating fan-boy masses that the movie created. That actually may have been a problem, as I did not re-watch the original in preparation. I'd suggest doing so.

I'd also suggest making sure your theater has working AC, as ours did not. The stuffiness worked against me (as did the 10 pm start time), and I drowsed through much of the first half. I don't think I ever fell asleep, but I'm sure that if I were to go back and see it tonight there'd be parts of the first half that didn't look familiar.

For the middle movie of a trilogy, the film didn't get bogged down in exposition too badly, though there was some drag to the movie at the start. I will say that there is one fight scene that pretty much kick-starts the movie, giving it good energy the rest of the way. And, as the first one did, the second one presents enough material to chew on until the third installment comes at the end of the year. This is where I think my lack of rabid fandom does me in, as I think there are things I should be connecting that I'm not.

Oh, thinking of the third movie, don't leave the theater while the credits roll. We did, and missed a preview for the third movie. Not sure if this will happen all the time, but it's not like waiting the extra time is going to kill you.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...