05 May 2003

OK, everything seems to be back to normal. At least here. I've spent the past 36 hours working through something GI-related, kicked into overdrive by Saturday's barbecue but probably in the background since sometime mid-week (based on a "not quite right" feeling that showed up around, oh, Wednesday). A diet rich in Gatorade and saltines seems to have helped. Thankfully, I have a doctor's appointment today anyway and will throw this into the mix of annoying but apparently not serious medical issues already on the docket.

The general lassitude that came with the tummy trouble put me on a pretty heavy diet of TV, though the only thing of note was that we're into another pledge month on some of our PBS affiliates. More Suze Orman and doo-wop. Ack. One thing I did catch part of yesterday that I wish I'd stayed awake for was a PBS show about how a Massachusetts golf course was having to combat a goose poop problem. The guy who maintains the course apparently rented Caddyshack as a how-to video, given that among his solutions were fireworks and a radio-controlled boat. Surprisingly, neither worked.

Sleep also allowed me to miss the Sox collapse against the Twins, so I suppose this thing had its good points.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...