03 June 2003

As a Red Sox fan I suppose I should weigh in on the Hillenbrand for Kim deal. My initial reaction was that I'd rather have traded Hillenbrand for a real pitcher, which resulted in my being told that Kim is indeed a real pitcher. Like many Sox fans my only real memory of Kim were his pair of World Series dingers.

He's apparently a pretty good pitcher and is young enough to develop. Rob Neyer seems to think we snookered the D-Backs but good, and he's certainly more astute on baseball than I am. But, as a Sox fan burnt by pitching trades going back to Mike Torrez, you'll excuse me for continuing to have dubious feelings about this.

Kim is supposed to start tonight against the Pirates, but the game's delayed. Hillenbrand is 1 for 7 in his first two games for Arizona. I know, it'll take a while to see how this pans out.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...