13 June 2003

Ok, so you may have read or seen a story about a Babson student being investigated for allegedly creating a fake airline. His story is that he was trying to sell leftover seats on flights to Hawaii.

While I'm not supposed to say anything other than the student did go here last year and is currently not in summer classes, I would note that such a business would not be beyond Babson students. We've got a strong reputation for entrepraneurism for a reason.

I daresay this isn't how the school would most like to get publicity. So, as a service to the college, a short list of generally-positively seen alums:

Craig Benson, governor of New Hampshire
Arthur Blank, founder of Home Depot and owner of the Atlanta Falcons
Ernesto Bertarelli, skipper/owner of America's Cup holder Alinghi

(I said it was a short list. I'm sure there are others, I just don't have them off the top of my head.)

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...