11 June 2003

I need you folks to do a couple of things:

1. Vote for the MLB All-Star Game rosters. We don't have the fun of a semi-organized movement to vote for all Twins and Expos, but there are still plenty of deserving players on both teams to vote for. I'm entertaining myself by not voting for anyone from Milwaukee (which isn't too hard) and trying to get Rocco Baldelli on the team. I know, someone with such little plate discipline may not deserve to start the game, but how can I turn my back on a Rhode Islander?

So get over to the league website and use your 25 votes!

2. Give money to whatsbetter.com. Perhaps the best of the rating websites (Am I Hot or Not? will never recover from being represented on TV by Lorenzo Lamas) is facing extinction unless they can come up with $1000 to buy a dedicated server.

They're at $596 as of this writing. If the Internet public can give enough money to give some woman a boob job, we can certainly cough up some dough for a site that's seeking what in this universe is best. Besides, you can get some advertising or other benefit from giving to whatsbetter.com; it's not like the boob woman is going to give you a free grope.

3. I need verification. At the end of Pardon the Interruption yesterday, Tony Kornheiser said that John Henry Williams got signed by another minor league team. As of now I've seen no news item to back that up. Anyone who can provide one will be in my debt. I'm hoping he's playing for a team around here so I can go and throw ice cubes at him when he takes the field.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...