18 June 2003

It's raining again. And no, I'm not talking about the Supertramp song. The rain we're getting here is much less metaphorical.

According to the weather.com forecast for my zip code, we can expect at least a 30 percent chance of precipitation from now until next Thursday. And seeing as it probably won't be snow (at least if the predicted temps hold out), we're talking rain. Unless hail counts as precipitation. Hadn't thought of that.

In any case, I continue to think that we've caused some fundamental change in the weather. I know that ranting about the weather is one of life's more futile gestures (not that it has kept me from doing so before), but considering how we went straight from record snowfalls to cool and damp with the very rare foray above 70 degrees, it's hard not to gripe.

For all I know, the earth is going through one of those epochal climate changes, and all the gasses we've put into the atmosphere have done nothing, but I can't help but feel this is all our fault. Perhaps I'm just letting the natural pessimism of the region get to me.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...