18 June 2003

"Content" note: if you've been clicking on the "other stuff" links you may have noticed that my Recent Reads aren't so recent anymore. It's not that I've stopped reading, but rather that I'm trying to develop some pages that give a fuller picture of my reading history. It's going OK, but with two problems:

1. I'm trying to be as comprehensive as possible with regards to what I've read, but the time between reading and writing makes it hard to give meaningful commentary. For example, I'm working on a page with all the John McPhee stuff I've read, but I realize now that it's been years since the actual reading. The good news, at least for McPhee, is that his stuff is short enough that I can re-read without taking too much time. That was not the case for Tom Clancy (it doesn't help that I'm beginning to share Sideshow Bob's view on Clancy's work).

2. I'm not all that happy with the commentary I'm giving. Not sure if it's just a lack of practice or an erosion of skills due to heavy doses of sarcasm, but it's not always flowing well.

In any event, I hope to have this thing up and going in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...