05 June 2003

Today was our divisional end of year extravaganza, which would normally get a passing comment at best. Except this year I won the closest to the pin putting competition! Clearly, my round at Mt. Atlanticus paid off.

Given the weather we putted inside one of our gyms, so we had to navigate 40 feet or so of sport court, some of which was wet from the earlier balloon toss competition (my boss and I placed third, and my office-mate won the bake-off, so Campus Life was representin'!). My first putt was very short (not surprisingly, it's a very fast surface), but the second one sailed true (or as true as possible given the various unlevel parts of the floor) and wound up an inch or so from the cone. I went early, so I got to watch another 20 people or so try to top it. One person tried the croquet thing, hitting my ball and the pin in the process, but alas her ball went richocheting away. You don't get the same stop as you do in, say, curling.

Anyway, for my trouble I got a spiffy winner's pin and a $25 gift certificate to City Sports, a local sporting goods emporium. And I won the rest of the day off (OK, everyone got that, but still).

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...