28 September 2003

For any of you wanting to see a little bit of the church where Sarah and I are getting married as well as a good shot of our soon to be retired priest, take a gander at this. Sean O'Malley, the relatively new archbishop of Boston, was in town to celebrate Mass in honor of our priest's 50th anniversaty of ordination. That O'Malley was passed over for a cardinal's hat probably brought more media out than normal, though I suspect he'd have gotten some anyway, as he's still new and reasonably low-key.

As the sound didn't work when I tried to watch it on the computer I'm using now, I don't know what sort of context NECN put O'Malley's visit in. Father Harrington is the priest in front of O'Malley as they enter the church (O'Malley being the one with the staff and headgear you'd expect of an archbishop).

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...