22 September 2003

Given what I've read on other blogs, I must hang my head in shame. For on Friday, when I had the freedom from work and the decreased maturity brought on by too much beer, I added nary an "avast," "scurvy dog," or "yaaaarrrr" to Talk Like a Pirate Day.

I did make up for it the next day, as I continued my string of "yaaaarrrr"s at seeing pirate flags and signs for the Penobscot Marine Museum's pirate exhibit. I've been doing this every time we've gone up to Sarah's folks' place since the start of the exhibit (which is only three times), so I suppose I was getting my observation of the day in early.

And while I won't take this opportunity to rehash my day on the Ernestina (it not having been a pirate vessel), I will note that on that trip we did sing several rounds of "What would you do with a drunken sailor," and among our ideas were putting him into bed with the captain's daughter, lashing him to the main mast, and making him drink until he's sick (my idea, no doubt shaped by years as a college administrator).

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...