12 September 2003

With all the death this week, there is a bit of life-affirming news to report.

David Letterman is apparently going to be a dad.

Dave and long-time girlfriend Regina Lasko are expecting a child by the end of the year (the story I read said she's 6 months along). Dave's going to "announce" it tonight on his show (I use quotes because the show was taped last night). Dave is 56, which doesn't put him in Tony Randall/Anthony Quinn territory, but is still pretty studly (if I can use the word in this context).

I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate themed shower gift would be in this case. I'm thinking either a box of pencils or a onesie with a clip-on tie so the baby can do that shifting tie thing that Dave does when he pulls on his jacket lapels. If nothing else, this is going to give Dave years of Top 10 material.

Make sure you tune in tonight to see this (unless you're a Babson College person; you should tape it an come on down to the campus center for late night bingo!).

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...