10 September 2003

So I'm in the office this afternoon working on something, when the RD I share the office with asks me if the college is doing anything special to mark tomorrow.

My response? Tomorrow?

Yes, I have become what I've bemoaned here before, the idiot American who has put September 11 into their mental attic.

In my own defense, I've been having a lot of trouble keeping day and date straight the last couple of weeks. My post-RA training mental fog has run right through the first week of classes, abetted by a very busy time of things. I've had facility issues up the wazoo, while my officemate has had some hellacious roommate conflicts to sort out.

In any case, I looked back to last year to see how I marked things, and it turns out I ran my top 11 Sports Night moments, with coverage recap on the 12th. I may do something similar, depending on how much coverage I actually watch. My goal is to avoid most of it.

(Oh, and to answer the question that started this off, the college is lighting a candle in the chapel and putting out a book for rememberances, etc. They'll also be playing Mozart's Requiem from noon to 1 pm, not sure if they mean live or CD.)

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...