27 September 2003

I am not like Greg Sorenson in that I managed to remember the name of The Rundown.

I am like Greg Sorenson in that I thought it was a solid action/comedy. A little cartoony in a couple of places, but better than the average fare the genre usually cranks out.

We did get to see a preview for The Matrix Revolutions, which was cool. Other previews:

* The new Coen brothers (no relation) film Intolerable Cruelty, starring George Clooney and Catherine Zeta-Jones. I'm finding it odd to use the names "Coen" and "Zeta-Jones" together.

* Something's Gotta Give with Jack Nicholson playing some sort of lech who winds up with Amanda Peet, whose mom (I'm guessing mom) is played by Diane Keaton. Frances McDormand is in it as well, and there's some cognative dissonance going on when I see a Coen brothers movie promo and McDormand shows up elsewhere.

* Haunted Mansion, starring Eddie Murphy, based on the Disney attraction. I am looking forward to Ashton Kutcher playing a plucky bobsledder in Matterhorn, summer 2006.

* The new Farrelly brothers movie, name escapes me (something like Stuck With You) where Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear play Siamese twins.

* Honey, which stars Jessica Alba and a lot of tight clothes. Damn. Oh, the movie, it's about a young woman trying to become a famous dancer/choreographer... while wearing revealing, tight clothes. Damn.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...