25 September 2003

Ortiz Watch David Ortiz was 1 for 2 in tonight's game, driving in a run and walking twice. Now that the Sox have clinched the AL wild card berth, I do wonder how much we'll see of Ortiz outside of keeping him warm for the playoffs.

Then again, what nascent MVP chances he has may find it hard to get past Carlos Delgado's 4 HR performance tonight. Even against the Devil Rays, 4 HR in a game is impressive.

In yesterday's Ortiz Watch I was going to predict a 17-2 Sox win with Ortiz hitting 3 HR and driving in 10. But I thought it was silly. I'm now kicking myself for being in the ballpark with the game score, but happy to say that I avoided making claims for Ortiz that Delgado would eclipse in reality.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...