02 October 2003

Apocalypse Watch The Cubs did the world a favor yesterday and dropped game 2 of their series with the Atlanta Braves 5-3. They get to go to Wrigley for the next two, so don't stop pricing bomb shelters just yet.

I'll pass on what most of my neighbors would note as the true apocalypse watch, other than to note that who but the Sox could lose a playoff game on a bases loaded bunt?

Today is my first official wedding-related day off from work. Not that I'm using it to any real advantage to this point, outside of stuff around the house. Big tasks for the day include getting my tux and printing up the programs. Sarah's sister is here now, and there's talk that they'll be off tonight for their bachelorette party (though I prefer the English term for it - hen night).

And hey, none of you people have signed up for my Yahoo hockey league. Don't make me come out there!

League ID: 55575
password: slapshot

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...