22 October 2003

News that The Mullets was getting the hook for November sweeps made me realize that, to date, not a single network prime-time show has been axed this season. Others are in hiatus hell - Boomtown (which I saw an episode of in Ireland and liked), Coupling (which I imagine is being held up in Customs), and 8 Simple Rules (which will be back) - but no one has bit the bullet yet.

My annual entry in the TeeVee dead pool is already looking crappy, as I had pegged Whoopi as the season's first casualty. That's not going to happen, as the show has apparently found a niche. I have better hopes for my second and third place shows - Rock Me Baby and The Brotherhood of Poland, NH- but neither seem to be going away quickly.

My LaPlaca entry seems similarly haunted. Besides Whoopi, It's All Relative seems to be drawing a crowd even though it's a rip-off of The Birdcage, and Married to the Kellys is finding safety in the new TGI Friday lineup. Part of my problem was an over-reliance on ABC shows, the other part being the haste with which I made up my entry (how did I forget Tarzan?).

I at least managed to avoid choosing Two and One Half Men or Joan of Arcadia, both of which were among the top ten most chosen shows and are both looking like they're going to stick around.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...