18 October 2003

Well, it's over. The great Ireland trek has ended, and me and the missus are now safely ensconsed in our apartment. Not that the trip didn't try to extend itself - our flight left about 30-45 minutes late due to a lag built up after Shannon was evacuated (not sure why), and it took us 2 hours to get home from Logan (long story short - if you pick up the phone to call Back Bay Coach for an airport trip, hang up the phone, unplug it, burn it, salt the ashes, and burn them again).

It took us almost a day and a half to find out the result of the ACLS game 7, and even then it was in a story below the fold on the third page of some paper's sports coverage. I still don't know the full story, but having read blog accounts and Jon Couture's fine column, I think it best that things stay that way.

To that end I am also studiously avoiding the World Series. I have Florida State-Virginia on now, but as the TV is in the other room I guess I'm not particularly watching that, either.

I should probably start writing the recap of the trip, which I think will be shorter and less funny than the Britain trip. Not sure if it was the change in dynamic (it just being the two of us) or because Ireland has many features similar to that of Britain. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...