26 October 2003

Considering I watched about 3 minutes of the World Series this year I won't crow too much publicly about the Marlins' win, though I've just noticed that three former Red Sox hurlers - Ugie, Carl Pavano, and Chad Fox - got rings with the Fishes. I knew that Ugie and Pavano were on the team, didn't know about Fox. I'd also note that it was nice to see Pudge Jr. get a ring.

Like Joe, I'm nonplussed that Jeffrey Loria gets to bask in the glory of a Series win given his history, and I kind of wish Zim had saved his field-charging to take Loria out at the knees. It's not like he has to worry about losing his job - that pretty much disappeared with Game 6's final out. Then again, given what McKeon did, maybe Zim will get the call to manage again when some team starts 8-21 next season.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...