05 October 2003

They say you don't remember everything from your wedding, that it's too much of a blur. I can now say that they (whoever they are) are pretty much right. There are, however, many things I will remember from this weekend, such as:

* Running into one of my groomsmen at random while getting our tuxes squared away and deputizing him to help me with last-minute stuff when all he probably wanted to do was go home and enjoy at least part of his day off.

* Becoming a godparent for the second time (we figured we should try to get as many sacraments into the weekend as possible).

* My first glimpse of Sarah coming down the aisle.

* The priest remarking on the size of my ring (it would later be compared to the One Ring at about a third of the tables at the reception).

* My not hearing the first line of my vows, forcing me to ask for a repeat (had I been thinking, I would have done a Master Thespian and called out "Line!").

* What I think was an all-reception rendition of "Tainted Love."

* Having about a dozen friends and family crammed into our hotel room when Trot Nixon his his game winning home run. If only we'd remembered to pack Sarah's Trot Nixon t-shirt.

And there's a lot more, which I'll catalog in due time.

As for us, all I can say is that there are some people who have fancy brunches after their wedding. And then there are those of us who just want some extra crispy.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...