29 October 2003

I got to see the good and bad sides of Fox programming last night.

The bad, of course, is the new installment of Joe Millionaire. I will say that it is at least mildly entertaining bad, in many of the same ways that such shows are. Based on what little I have to compare on, I like the new guy more than Evan. Perhaps the most entertaining revelation last night is that saying Grace is not very common in Europe. Or at least among European gold-diggers, one of whom did a very lame impersonation of a televangelist (I guess they get the 700 Club in Sweden). I will say the look on the new guy's face after that was priceless. Interestingly, that woman is still among those in contention to marry a faux millionaire. Maybe he's saving her in hopes of crushing her, mentally. Though I think it would take much, much less to do so in her case.

On the good side is 24, which I missed last year. There are some changes, but having skipped a season didn't really set us back any. I won't go into details in case some of you taped it for future viewing, but I will say that I'm looking forward to the season (except for Elisha Cuthbert's hair, which is in a style I don't particularly care for).

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...