14 April 2004

As I've mentioned a couple times before, I've been bothered by a rash for a while. Nothing serious as far as I could tell, just itchy on my lower legs and a couple placed on my midsection. My primary doctor tried a few things with no avail, so I finally got myself to the dermatologist this morning. Worth noting that it's the first time outside of the ER that I've had a woman doctor, more for that it took this long for it to happen than anything else (naturally, I was asked to don a johnnie for the exam).

And, after she looked at the spots in question, her diagnosis was something called nummular dermatitis. Suffice it to say that it's a fairly non-specific malady, one of those things that just seems to happen thanks to dry skin or an injury or something (in my case I'm going with dry skin). So I've been put on some sort of cream, we'll see how it goes. I was on one before, but in kind of a half-assed way. Hopefully going full-ass will stop the itching.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...