07 April 2004

Elton John made an appearance on American Idol last night, as everyone performed songs from his body of work. He apparently spent a day with them, worked on songs, and what did he get for thanks? Wide-scale butchery. You know it's bad when Paula has to actually give a critique rather than her usual blandishments.

Not surprisingly, the worst performances were turned in by John (Steve Irwin would have done a better version of "Crocodile Rock"), Jon (who warbled his way through "Rocket Man"), and Camile (who I think did "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road," but I think I've repressed all memory of her performance).

The odds of the three of them representing the bottom three are pretty slim. I'm thinking Diana DeGarmo will get the boot, as she had a pretty weak performance, too. I'll guess Jennifer for the bottom three as well. I figure one of the three from above will get in this group, probably Camile.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...