03 April 2004

Boston magazine put their annual real estate issue out recently, listing 147 eastern Massachusetts cities and towns, ranking them in order of where you get the most bang for your buck.

Wellesley, where we currently live, ranked 142nd. Seems about right, really.

Most of the towns we're looking at for a future home base rank higher, thankfully. Beverly, the next town over from where I grew up, ranks eighth. Manchester, where I grew up, pulled in at 136. Won't be moving back there, apparently.

Moving to Beverly, should it happen, would be kind of a Coen homecoming, as my dad's family called it home for a while before moving one town over. Oddly enough, we were doing some genealogical stuff today and got to peruse some Beverly town records. We were not assisted by whatever idiot at the Census listed our family name as "Cole" in the 1900 Census.

I also learned that one of my great uncles lived in California for a while and was living in Mexico when he died. I don't think I knew that before.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...