24 April 2004

More genealogy today, as Sarah and I wandered over to the state archives. It actually turned out to be a pretty good trip, as we were able to confirm a bunch of information about by grandfather's family. We were also hoping to find some information regarding where my great-grandfather came into the country, but to no avail.

We also confirmed something Sarah's mom told us based on her years of genealogy: expect dates to be all screwed up. There's definite confusion where my great-grandparents are concerned. It also doesn't help that their names keep changing their spelling (my great-grandfather's first name alternates between Myles and Miles, while his wife's maiden name is Kell(e)y, with the second 'e' seeing to crop up with every other official entry).

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...