01 April 2004

An early check-in on websites with April Fool's content:

Yahoo! doesn't seem to be spoofing, though Sierra Mist has some humor/spoof related ad on the home page. Their fake newspaper page saying that the Dakotas are merging isn't much of a joke, probably because it's too close to possible reality.

The good folks over at TeeVee are doing a riff on Salon.com, which is pretty good. I would especially suggest following the story on ABC turning into an all-reality channel, as the associated web site is very funny. Sad thing is, some of their suggested shows are coming dangerously close to reality (I think we've seen shades of The Confirmed Bachelor in a couple places).

It took me several minutes of poking around Froogle before I saw that I was looking for Google's gag in the completely wrong place. Another good gag this year, but they'll be hard pressed to surpass pigeon-rank technology.

There's even a blog linked at left that takes an April Fool's turn, partially at my own expense. And, let's be honest, I've probably been asking for it.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...