29 January 2004

I was reading earlier that a judge ordered R. Kelly not to have contact with Michael Jackson at the Grammys next month. I'm not sure what he was most concerned about: that they'd trade notes, perform a duet, or make out a la Britney and Madonna.

The idea that Jacko will be at the Grammys is kind of interesting. I thought a low profile might make sense, but I guess going about with life as normal (or as normal as his life can get) suggests a lack of guilt.

On a more personal topic, if you've read Shawn's blog recently you know that yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the Info Blizzard, a BU Office of Residence Life training night whose initial edition included both of us on the planning committee. It was an interesting time, as it was kind of a combination old home week and return of the prodigal son. I've not done well in keeping up with former colleagues, and in some cases I saw people for the first time since I left BU in 2001.

Funnily enough, the first person I ran into was my old boss (who is still at BU but in a different capacity), and about three minutes later we ran into the other director from our area, who is now in charge. And as I chatted with various people I used to work with, I did feel a pang of remorse at my having left. Part of it was the familiarity of the situation, and part of it is the feeling that even though I've made a number of changes since leaving, in some ways I'm in the same place. I'm doing basically the same job, making basically the same money, and dealing with basically the same problems. Part of my decision to leave was based on doing something other than residence life, and I think that's still where I'm headed eventually. The question is how soon that eventuality happens.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...