31 May 2004

Greetings from Maine, where the wife and I have been spending the long weekend at her parents' house. The local flea markets were sadly unforthcoming with prizes for Cancel Bowl, and the moose head was way too expensive.

For those of you who may remember my mention of Cheez Waffies, I found them at a supermarket in Belfast, Maine. The first few were a little hard to take, but I think I re-acquired the taste. But I don't think I'll be pestering my local grocer to stock them.

Not too much else to report from the north country. I've actually watched more auto racing in the last 36 hours than probably in the entire year previous, as I saw parts of the Indy 500, European GP, ASA's Erie 250, and heard a chunk of the Coca-Cola 600 (yes, heard through the "magic" of NASCAR radio). Yee haw!

2 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Do you recall which supermarket in Belfast had the Cheez Waffies? I've been looking for them in the area for a while now.

Thanks!

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...