21 May 2004

I have some sort of adware or other thing going on my work computer.

What it does is find various words - favorites seem to include job, car, flowers, jewelry, and hotel, among others - and links them to some other page of businesses in each area. There's also a thick green line under each word to draw one's eye to it.

I'm also having Yahoo! search results hijacked a bit, with the first page being a bunch of links for companies that seem to fit the search. I don't get my actual hist until the next page. In some places, I also seem to be getting ads placed over other ad space (mostly for smoking cessation products and items that help you tan). There's the occasional pop-up, too.

I've checked in what seem to be all the usual places to kill the thing, but can't seem to get rid of it once and for all. If you know anything about this particular piece of crap, or have some general suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...