08 May 2004

You've probably heard about the guy who died at Six Flags New England when he fell out of the Superman roller coaster. A report about the incident suggests that a factor in the death was that the victim was too large for the ride's t-bar restraints.

While I don't want to overly personalize this man's fate and the tragedy of the situation, if he was too big for the ride at 230 pounds, how would I have fared back in 2001 when I almost went on the coaster, but passed thanks to a fear of heights?

(Oddly, I'm OK with indoor coasters like Space Mountain and the Aerosmith one at Disney MGM. I suppose I don't see the drops and thus don't worry about them.)

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...