27 August 2003

As some of you know, we're currently in the middle of RA training at Babson, which accounts for why I've been keeping things short or missing a day. With a new boss, this year's training is significantly different as the new boss is doing what she's used to doing. We're going later than usual, which is taxing, but the evening stuff is generally not that bad. Lots of game-related stuff, which keeps it light. However, if you ever try to adapt Jeopardy! for training purposes with, say, about 38 business undergrad students, be sure that the rules are really, really clear.

It makes me worry for my Family Feud-inspired alcohol education game that's coming Friday (though I wound up writing rules right after the Jeopardy! incident, where every other rule is related to the game being an educational experience and not something that should engender yelling).

Otherwise, it's RA training. We're about a week in (actually, if my computer's clock is accurate, we're a week, 2 hours and 6 minutes in), so it's just getting to the point where everyone is tired and ready for the big move-in day. That's Sunday here at Babson. Let's keep our fingers crossed for weather like last year - moderate temps, overcast, light but steady rain. It makes people keep their mind on their business and cuts down on the lollygagging.

The other thing with RA training is that it kind of cuts you off from the world, so even though there are all sorts of interesting things going on out there, I don't have much to say. I am happy that the Sox swept the Mariners. I am not so happy that they gave up 12 runs to the Jays last night, though I didn't see the carnage, just the end.

Oh, and I got a digital camera! I wound up getting the Canon PowerShot A70, which was a decent comprimise between the one I wanted (the Canon PowerShot S45) and how much debt I wanted to accrue. My first picture: a shot of the beach at Hampton Beach, where we took the RAs for a day away yesterday. I've taken about 20 pictures, and the batteries already need replacing. I suppose I shouldn't have expected much from the set included in the box.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...