19 August 2003

LLWS Update After posting 3 runs in the top of the first inning, Saugus held on to best Boynton Beach, Florida 4-3 in the final game of their pool play. Saugus thus wins the pool and will play the second place team from the other US pool next (the winner of today's game between Richmond, Texas and Wilmington, Delaware).

I can happily report that the team from Guam pushed three runs across the plate in their game against Mexico. Unfortunately for the Guamanians, the Mexican team scored 10.

Fantasy Football Update Both the Bruce and Jon Couture have given relatively detailed breakdowns of their respective teams in the league that I run. I will spare you the same, other than to say that I think this is the third or fourth year in a row that Corey Dillon is a featured back on my team. Let the fraught watch commence, though I should be more concerned that I also managed to draft a back who may be on the way out (Antowain Smith, though Kevin Faulk is no prize, either) and one who may be on the way to prison (Michael Pittman, who is involved in a case of aggravated assault).

I have bought heavily into the Philadelphia Eagles passing game, owning Donovan McNabb, James Thrash, and Todd Pinkston.

Not much to say about the others, really.

In fauna news there's a fox hanging around campus, looks like a juvenile who's been separated from its parents. It's fairly small and kind of emaciated, probably from not being fully up to speed on hunting down food. This led to some discussion about what exactly foxes eat. There being no WhatBadgersEat.com for foxes, I had to do some digging, but discovered that they do favor small mammals, eggs, fruit, and birds. We've got plenty of squirrels for the fox, though I fear for the bunny friend who Sarah and I see occasionally by where we park.

That's about it for now. I really should get back to the parts of RA training that I'm responsible for, but I've got a major league case of apathy I'm working through. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...