01 August 2003

You know it's the last day of trading in baseball when, after a day away from your fantasy team, you don't know who all of your players play for any more.

Such as it was for me, when I discovered last night that Jose Guillen and Aaron Boone were no longer Reds. I'm now in a tough position relative to them, as they are both now on teams where I would really prefer that they not contribute to the franchise's overall success (A's and Yanks, respectively).

In my suck league, I have the opposite problem. I drafted Jeff Suppan due to his track record of sucking with the Royals, but then he was doing OK with the Pirates, who have since shipped him back to his original team, the Red Sox.

(Then again, I did have Roy Halladay on my suck league pitching staff going back to that rocky time in April where he had four straight no decisions.)

As you can imagine, I'd have no problem with real life working out at the expense of my fantasy teams, with apologies to my one known A's fan in the readership.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...