31 August 2003

I can't place my finger on it, but I'm mildly disgruntled with the ovation given to Roger Clemens today at Fenway in what may be his last appearance at the park. I'm not one of the many irrational Clemens haters, though part of me is convinced he purposely tanked the end of his Sox career to get out of Boston (though he may very well have been reacting to the writing on the wall).

Maybe it's just the result of another loss down the stretch to the Yanks. Whatever.

In a completely unrelated note, it's looking like tough times in Pullman. Washington State lost to Idaho yesterday. I could go on at length here about BU's loss to Idaho in the 1993 NCAA 1AA playoffs, but I won't. It's enough that on the same day I wrote at length about BU football my brother gave all four of my nephews Boston College hats. Bastard.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...