06 August 2003

Three items of note from since my post on wanting to play at the WSOP.

1. As James Dinan was quick to point out, one can play at sattelite tournaments to get into the big event, where the combined entry fees of the tournament represent the winner's stake (James McManus plays a one-table sattelite to get into the 2000 WSOP's big event in Positively Fifth Street). James was even kind enough to mention one happening at Foxwoods in the near future, but I need a lot more experience before doing anything like that.

2. Pursuant to that, I had the opportunity to play for "real" at a program one of my RAs ran tonight. I got to bust a guy after going all in with a straight which he didn't think I had, but generally played like a moron otherwise. Hey, it didn't cost me anything and I wasn't eligible for the prizes. Hopefully, the RA will make this a regular game, but I doubt it.

3. Since my initial entry, I've gotten 3 or 4 emails letting me know about various on-line opportunities to play. Pass. If I'm going to spend money on computer poker, it'll be to get a Wilson Turbo Poker program. Sadly, no Mac version available.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...