06 August 2003

Some meta-blogging for you, assuming you've read others listed at left...

I think Scott is on to something with the "in" status of the grape tomato. I will say that I think they're on the way to earning a permanent place on the culinary landscape, given that they're easy to manipulate in salads and generally have a more notable flavor than larger varieties.

Then again, they may be on the same flight path as baby corn, going from ethnic niche to near ubiquity to background noise.

If you click through on Scott's blog to read Amanda Conaway's blog (which I should link to, really), you'll learn about the recent sadness in the bourbon world. If you don't read her blog, I would also suggest going back through the archives for her poignant discourse on the issue of women and office toilet use.

Kudos for Greg with his fairly passionate discourse related to the recent naming of a gay Episcopal bishop in New Hampshire. One of my greatest struggles with being Catholic is trying to rectify my generally left-leaning social views with the continuing (or burgeoning) conservatism of the leadership. And I don't know if it's going to get any better under a new Pope, given how many cardinals got their red hat during JP2's run. I do take solace in the fact that there is room for dissent when you've got a billion people involved, but hope that at some point that dissent bubbles up and actually leads to positive change.

(Beyond that, congrats to Greg's mom and her partner - at least they aren't eloping :P)

And, in a non-meta-blogging note, I am looking forward to a possible gubenitorial debate between Larry Flynt, Arianna Huffington, and Ahnud. I won't be able to tell what any of them are saying, which may be for the best.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...