13 August 2003

Finally got around to seeing most of an episode of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy last night, and I will say that I was generally entertained. I would never submit myself to the treatment that last night's subject went through. It will be a cold day in hell before I let someone, using the show's term, "manscape" whatever hair exists on my torso.

Most of the other stuff done to the guy would be fine (I'd have to pass on learning how to eat a lobster), and I'd love to have somone come in and get the apartment into shape.

I'd be interested to see how NBC gets the show down to a half hour, but given that Tuesday at 10 doesn't offer much else that I'd normally watch, I don't suppose I'll have to find out.

In a related Bravo note, I was pleased to see them add The West Wing to their lineup, though revisiting the first season means having to work around Moira Kelly and her character. I don't look forward to the reprise of Ainsley Haines, either, but Emily Proctor doesn't rub the raw nerve that Kelly does. I was clearly subjected to The Cutting Edge one too many times.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...