12 August 2003

I really don't have much to say today, other than I'm enjoying looking to see what sites have referred people here. Most of them are expected, while one - CEO Express - is surprising. If you got here from there, drop me a line and let me know how it is you come to be here from there.

I was going to complain about our string of humid, rainy days, but then I keep reading about the European heat wave and figure I've got less standing to gripe than they do. Any time you live in a place when it records its highest temperature in the history of keeping such figures, as London did on Sunday when they broached 100 degrees for the first time, you get bumped to the front of the line.

There isn't much more I can say about the passing of Herb Brooks that you won't find elsewhere, other than to note that if you've not seen this documentary on the Miracle on Ice you should do so post-haste (do not confuse it with the made for TV Miracle on Ice, where Brooks is played by Karl Malden).

(Something I didn't know before looking at the IMDB info for those films: Mike Eruzione was the host on the first pilot of the video game game show Starcade.)

(Another something I didn't know: Brooks got an electrician's credit for the movie Dummy, a pre-Oscar vehicle for Adrien Brody. At least the IMDB gives him the credit. I have to think it was another Herb Brooks, but part of me is holding out for it to actually be him.)

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...