13 June 2008

Trio Trophy - DAY SEVEN RESULTS


From the Turn On bracket:

(10)The Tick d. (7) Staccato, 5-3

Quote of the Match: "The Tick - Pretty sure my vote here is self-indulgent. But I don't get many chances to embrace The Tick. 'toon or not." -mingusmonk

(8) The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. d. (9) The Adventures of Pete & Pete, 4-3

Quote of the Match: "Brisco - Wasn't Pete & Pete a non-primetime kids' show? If I knew they were eligible, I would have made a case for WMAC Masters. Well, maybe not." - Greg

(While I suggested that the field would be limited to network prime time shows, I said I'd be open to argument for other shows. I apparently had this argument with myself and won. Or lost, depending on how you look at it.)

South of Sunset bracket:

(7)Get a Life d. (10) Coronet Blue, 7-1

Quote of the Match: "Get a Life - Thinking about direction, wondering why I haven't before." - Craig

(Can't help you there, check with sun if you're confused.)

(8)Love, Sidney d. (9) South Central, 5-2

Quote of the Match: "Love Sidney - Caught a few episodes on TV Land once, not a bad show." - Baron Von Rotten, I'm assuming based on the comment about The Tick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, that was me. I tried to think of a riff based on his appearance as Tom Hanks' celebrity partner on Mr. Short-Term Memory. Or Swoosie Kurtz playing a lesbian in Citizen Ruth. But I'm not that good.

The Baron

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...