06 June 2008

Trio Trophy - DAY THREE RESULTS

Turn On bracket:

(3)Homefront d. (14) Legend, 6-5

Quotes of the Match: "Legend - Always thought "Homefront" was what I affectionately call "a cat lady show". To clarify, "Beauty and the Beast" is the grand champion of this category." - Baron Von Rotten

"Homefront - my grandmother loved that show" - jb*

(I'm assuming the consecutive appearance of these was intentional.)

(6) Black Sheep Squadron d. (11) Boomtown, 7-5

Quote of the Match: "Black Sheep Squadron, without this show, Robert Conrad has no network to star battle for." - Dwight

South of Sunset bracket:

(3)The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles d. (14) Undeclared, 6-6

OK, I know what you're thinking. How can a show be deemed the winner when there's a tie? A good question, especially as I have no tie-breaker in place. So I'm going with the higher-seeded show. Sorry, Apatow fans.

Quote of the Match: "Undeclared. Where Apatow began refining his core Freaks & Geeks crew into a modern-day Preston Sturges repertory group. Also, I think I could watch Monica Keena sand baseboards." - Greg

(6)TV Nation d. (11) The Associates, 11-1

Quote of the Match: "The segments were brief enough that Moore couldn't take himself too seriously that often. Just how MM is best. In small, yet jolly, doses." - mingusmonk

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...